PDA

View Full Version : Rigid Industries LED light install

1 Long TJ
12-19-2012, 12:09 AM
This wasn't on my LJ, but I still thought it was worth posting. You can get them from 4WD Hardware, but there are alot more choices on their website. http://www.rigidindustries.com/
I installed a single mini light on the back of my Grand Cherokee for additional reverse light and/or spot lighting things like my trailer, etc. I was going to use the diffused lens but I have tinted windows and the main purpose was to light up the long dark driveways we have in our neighborhood, so I went with the flood light lens.
I was very impressed with the quality of the housing and overall design. Very small and compact. I used the flush mount, but I think the normal mount uses the same rear part of the housing. The plug is very heavy duty but might be a concern if you want to run the wire through a small hole in the body. The low power makes them easy to wire. I have it connected to my reverse ckt. plus an override switch in the rear compartment. They're very bright and I plan to buy some for the back of my LJ as well.

370133701137012[

bigwalton
12-21-2012, 11:46 PM
That looks great! I can't get past the price on those lights. Many of the nicer ones are more than I paid for my Scrambler.