PDA

View Full Version : New Owner - Need a New Soft Top

JeepDave
02-24-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm new to this group. Just bought an 2005 LJ Unlimited. Little did I know how confusing and difficult it could be to find a replacement soft top for it. I've found dozens for the non-unlimited LJ, but not very many for the unlimited. Can anyone recommend a good soft top for the unlimited that won't bust the budget?

Thanks a ton!

Imposter71
02-27-2017, 11:39 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. I just got my LJ last spring. It's a 06 and had what I guess was the original soft top. I got lucky and found a used best top on craigslist a couple of hours away. Guy had put a half cab GR8TOP on so I got everything for under $300. Frame, door surrounds, header pc, tailgate pc, etc. Here in NC I can run without windows ,doors ,etc for a good portion of the year, plus I have another vehicle so my top doesn't have to be perfect. What is wrong with yours and how do you plan to use the jeep? I'm cheap so I would suggest hunting craigslist and some forums/facebook groups first and see what you can find. Maybe someone here who has purchased a new replavement will chime in and give you some good info as well.

1 Long TJ
02-28-2017, 01:23 PM
I friend of mine just bought one for his. I'll find out what he got and if he likes it.

1 Long TJ
07-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Just bought the frameless Trektop NX Bestop 56821-35 and I hate it.

Bababooey
01-11-2019, 02:39 PM
Just bought the frameless Trektop NX Bestop 56821-35 and I hate it.

What’s your issue with the top? Was looking at the same one.

Lucky j
02-05-2019, 01:26 PM
A while back, like 27 years ago, for my YJ, the dealer was among the best price to get a soft top for a YJ. Wonder if they still carry the one for the LJs and how much they would go for.