City/State
    Dexter, MI
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Cool 1.5" Wheel Spacer Install for big meats

With my new tires finally supposed to be in today, I did the wheel spacers. I did a 3" Black Diamond lift last week: 3" Black Diamond install thread

Pulled the tires and cleaned up the face of the rotor from the surface rust that was all over them, this was mentioned in the instructions that came with the spacers. You can also see the factory disc retention clip on the lower right lug, this is for the discs to stay on during assembly, I pulled all of them out to ensure they didn't cause the spacer to sit crooked:

Put a thin coat of anti-seize to keep it at bay, careful to keep it off the wheel studs:

Installed the spacers, apparently I failed miserably and forgot to take a shot of the spacer installed before the tire went on. I'll get one when I check the torque on the studs next week or so.

The instructions on the spacers said to torque the lugnuts on the spacers to 95 ft-lb, so I used a torque wrench and stepped up from snug to 50, 75 and 95 ft-lb in the standard star pattern.

Here's where it started:

Here's a shot with the rear one on, front at stock (stock tires):

Here's both on:

City/State
    Dexter, MI
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Re: 1.5" Wheel Spacer Install for big meats

Got the call that these were all finally in. The guys at the shop actually turned out to be really cool. The one manager had a stock TJ and was all kinds of curious on the lift. The other manager actually rolled one of the tires all the way out into the waiting room to show me what they looked like and talked to me for a while about them. He said that the Duratracs were were designed for commercial use, but have taken off with Jeep/4x4 folks. He said they're selling tons of them.

Here's it is coming down from the lift:

Redid the shots out in front of the house for comparison:

At the very end of the steering throw, it's rubbing on the control arm (the adjustable ones would probably clear

Just need a touch more on the steering stop:

Nice improvement:

I was shocked that I managed to get the new spare and all 5 of the take offs into the back of the LJ with the rear seat out (and the window zipped just fine) :eek: Forgot a picture of that, you'll have to trust me on it... Goes to show how immense the cargo area is on these when the rear seat is out!

Thread Information