City/State
    Pittsburgh, PA
    LJ Year

BigWalton spill it

I see pictures of the top but find no info anywhere. Checked GR8TOPS site and NOTHING! I am planning on getting the 1/2 hardtop but depending on info on the new top I may change plans!

City/State
    Dexter, MI
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Re: BigWalton spill it

I missed this post, sorry. It's a prototype still, GR8TOPS is working on the details and availability.

City/State
    Alexandria, LA
    LJ Year

They finally release the price on this..... and wow. I have followed jscherb from the beginning with the intent of purchasing. But if it is half the price of the brute kit, it is out of my budget.

City/State
    Dexter, MI
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

I can understand that, but you have to consider that this top isn't comparable to anything else on the market (which is pretty much why it generated so much interest).

It's modular (requiring multiple molds), has 7 windows (I think this is much more significant than a lot of people want to realize in terms of pricing) including two sliders with screens, and includes a welded/bent steel bracket to attach the rear door upper to the tailgate. It's also handmade in the USA, so it's going to have to be more than, say, a MOPAR stock 2 fixed window top or a full aftermarket top without all of those options. Also, MOPAR produced their tops in huge volumes to offset the tooling costs and they were basically subsidized by the sale of full Jeeps with the tops on them.

It's not a "value" option and obviously it's not for everyone.

City/State
    Alexandria, LA
    LJ Year

I totally understand you. And I see the benefit and the beauty. I have wanted one of these since day 1. I am just going to say this: if I was going to devote that kind of money to my jeep in one purchase, it would not be for something that I would use 2-4 months out of the year.

Thread Information