City/State
    Highland, IL
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Rear storage box

I can't seem to find exactly what I want, so I might go custom. I'm thinking 35w x 18d x 12h. Smooth aluminum with some sort of bed liner on top. Removable and lockable, used mostly in the summer when top is off. Anything else I should consider?

City/State
    Lexington, SC
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Re: Rear storage box

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Long TJ View Post
    I can't seem to find exactly what I want, so I might go custom. I'm thinking 35w x 18d x 12h. Smooth aluminum with some sort of bed liner on top. Removable and lockable, used mostly in the summer when top is off. Anything else I should consider?
    You already see these that we have?

http://www.gr8tops.com/index.php?opt...d=1&Itemid=121

I've considered making some that are a full length box for folks that don't have the rear seat installed. Would anyone be interested in those?

Would be lockable and removable.

City/State
    Heber City, Utah
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

I have a Tuffy Box in the rear its steal and a beast but hasn't been broken into yet...

City/State
    Les Escoumins, Qc
    LJ Year

After thinking about it for about a year, after being able to purchase hd locking slider and after my sliding rear seat was in place, I was finaly able to built my rear drawer system for my 35 qt abr and some drawers, that are technicaly steel empty, or should I say does not have an organized purpose yet.

So, here are some pictures, but no built tread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	217 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	37395

Views:	372 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	37396

Views:	208 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	37397

Decided to use russian 3/8 hard wood veneer, that tning is dense and heavy, even if it is only 3/8. Decided to go with gallons of exterior carpenter glue ans tons of finishing nails.

Wanted to figure something easy and quick to install and remove from the jeep. Dimension also make it possible to easly go in my dd small suv (nissan xtrail) or gf rav4 toy.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	37398

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	37399

Front ancor points are attached to a cross member I made between the rear seat bracket. The rear ancor points are the child seat bracket that I remove and used the bolt with steel bracket to bolt them down.

The frig drawer is made by using pieces of aluminuim bracket I had been collectif for about 10 years and tons of pop rivet. I have a space just under the top for 2 folding table. Did not wanted to install a drawer for a stove under the fridge, simply cause I do not like to see a stove so close from the fridge. And I wanted the frige to be as low as possible. Went with decking texturized paint for protection on out side and varnish on inside. Did not wanted carpet cause I moslty drive without the top even in light rain and also have a dog. Look is what I wanted, w/o the price of bed liner and weight of rubberized carpet.

I will try to get sides and closer shots tomorrow.

City/State
    Gilbert, AZ
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

That Gr8 Tops Rear Trunk for MY LJ is exactly what i have been looking for. I ordered and am looking forward to finally having a permanent solution to storage. I have been a member here since i got my LJ but rarely check in. So guess its time to pay attention more.

Thread Information