Thread: Mesh top?

City/State
    Memphis area, TN
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Mesh top?

Anyone have a full-length mesh top on their LJ? I want something a little more colorful than my safari top but is the same length.

Recommendations? There seem to be a lot of varieties out there.

Do they flap around much in the back? My safari drives me nuts doing this!

City/State
    Reno, NV
    LJ Year

Re: Mesh top?

I'm running a SpiderWebShade custom top on my Poison Spyder LazerFit cage. They make a variety of tops in ten different colors for stock cages and will do a custom top with a template from you. I'm really happy with mine and we've run on these on several different rigs now. Minimal flapping, quiets the ride, lets you avoid wearing a hat, while not waterproof, it lets you dodge light rain while moving.

www.spiderwebshade.com

City/State
    Reno, NV
    LJ Year

This is the rear end of the SpiderWebShade. It's attached with a series of "Spider Balls" and they do a great job holding the top in place. Second shot is the rest of the rig. ;)

_JDH0475.JPG

_JDH0675.JPG

City/State
    Memphis area, TN
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Cool! I have a stock cage and am looking for a red top. In a perfect world, I'd like to find one I could still put the safari top over.
    Does it block a lot of sun?

City/State
    Reno, NV
    LJ Year

That's one of the cool features...it won't interfere with your regular top with one caveat. I pull my SpiderWebShade off when I run a bikini top since the strap is not long enough to reach the back as opposed to going to the forward footman loop on the windshield frame. If you're running a full length top it will be fine and the mesh top can remain in place. I live in an area where it rarely rains so mine is on all the time. On my TJ I think it was in place for over three years, never coming off.

They block a fair amount of sun yet you can still look up and out, especially if you're climbing an obstacle and need to see a spotter that is above you, they work great.

I'm not connected to them in any way other than they are one of my advertisers at CRAWL Magazine. The product is great and I would run it regardless.

City/State
    Memphis area, TN
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Are there any discount codes/ coupons out there? Otherwise I'll have to convince Santa Claus that I've been a good girl this year and I don't think he'll fall for it ;)

City/State
    Reno, NV
    LJ Year

Their current ad shows CRAWL10 for a promo code.

City/State
    Memphis area, TN
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

ordered, thanks!
    I know several people who have SpiderWeb for JKs and one guy with a TJ. Just didn't know if anyone else made a red one for an LJ. I'm all about color coordination, LOL

City/State
    Memphis area, TN
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

City/State
    Memphis area, TN
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

still need to snug it up once the shipping wrinkles smooth out

City/State
    Les Escoumins, Qc
    LJ Year

I got one for my YJ over two years ago, and it as remained on the jeep eversince! Just love the spiderwebshade! Now need to find out how it will fit on the LJ!

City/State
    San Diego, CA
    LJ Year

Could you please post a few more pics? I can't decide if I want bikini or full length, not sure I care for the full length look yet. Thanks

City/State
    Memphis area, TN
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

these are what I have already. I'll dig through my phone and see if I have some better pics. I like the look, but the back end flaps around where it curves around the rear of the cage and it drives me nuts when I'm driving at night. Next time I put it on, I'm gonna see if I can fold over a few inches.

Thread Information