City/State
    Coastal, NC
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Stock Fog Lights won't turn off.

My stock fog lights have not worked since I got my LJ. Found the fuse had been pulled so replaced it. Lights came on and wouldn't turn off. Stayed on even with jeep off and switch in the off position. If I push in on the arm a little they go out but come back on as soon as I let up. Did a little web searching and from what I found it points to the switch being bad. Replacements seem to be about $60. I could probably bypass it and wire them to a toggle or something but I think I would rather have them work like they are supposed to. Going to check a few local parts stores and compare to online and then order a new multifunction switch.

City/State
    Highland, IL
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Re: Stock Fog Lights won't turn off.

Multifunction switch usually fails because of all the current flowing through it. Fogs and headlights are powered through the switch. I made a harness using relays to avoid this.

City/State
    Coastal, NC
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Changed out the multifunction switch and it fixed it. Autozone and Oreillys both had it in stock.

City/State
    Toronto, Ontario
    LJ Year

Hi guys . I went to the dealer today, and they said that my lj has 3.73 gears. it had 30 x 9.50x 15 tires from stock. I have 31 x 10.50 x15 on it now. I did the grimmjeeper calc. it come up with 3.85 gears rounded it up to 4.10s. Do you think I'm lugging the motor by trying to stay under 2000 rpms while driving? Causing more fuel consumption?

City/State
    Les Escoumins, Qc
    LJ Year

Quote Originally Posted by rock2004 View Post
    Hi guys . I went to the dealer today, and they said that my lj has 3.73 gears. it had 30 x 9.50x 15 tires from stock. I have 31 x 10.50 x15 on it now. I did the grimmjeeper calc. it come up with 3.85 gears rounded it up to 4.10s. Do you think I'm lugging the motor by trying to stay under 2000 rpms while driving? Causing more fuel consumption?

I think you wrote this on the wrong post!

City/State
    SCOTTSDALE, AZ
    LJ Year

I have the same problem. I am going to purchase a new multi function switch for my 2005 Wrangler. Can some one steer me in the right direction for printed instructions. U-Tube has been helpful for the visual aspect.

Thread Information