Thread: My 16 year old daughter wants an LJ

City/State
    Gray Court, SC
    LJ Year

My 16 year old daughter wants an LJ

Ok, I own an '04 LJ. My daughter wants it, for a daily driver. I like the idea, however she wants my LJ!
    Other than that, I don't have any issues with it.
    Anyone have thoughts, considerations, or input? She's contentious when driving, has had driver ed, and knows the Jeep well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

City/State
    Les Escoumins, Qc
    LJ Year

Re: My 16 year old daughter wants an LJ

It is something that belong only to you.

Meanning that no mater what we say, it is between you and your jeep. Ok, and your daughter and wife.

But since you are asking, I would say it could be a very good idea, since the jeep is more than 13 years old, technically you would only insure for liability witch should be cheap.

Now, since they are extremly rare, that make it a risk meanning that it could be hard to replace if something happen when it is in your daughters hand. It could also happen to you.

If it were mine, she would be allowed to drive it, but not as a daily, man, mine is not even my dd. cause no way could insurance cover for it replacement and I want it to last for many years of travel and adventure. I would find her a regular TJ or a 2007 jk.

But it is your $$ and your daughter and your jeep.

City/State
    Gray Court, SC
    LJ Year

My thoughts as well, found a 2005 LJ yesterday. It's at Crowne Nissan in Greenville, SC. They are asking $16k and it's in OK shape. She decided against it, to my chagrin, and we ended up with a newer Cherokee. She will drive the LJ some, but her Cherokee mostly.
    Thanks for the input, if anyone wants a good starter LJ, this one is a good starter. If I had the $$ we would have both! Daughter 2 wants it, but she's 3 years from getting it!

City/State
    Americus, GA
    LJ Year

We got our daughter an 04 LJ for her 15th brthday and she drove it to school with her mom daily until she got her license at 16. She is now 23 and hydro'd a few months ago and hit a wall totaling her beloved Jeep. She was saved by the airbag and seat belt and got away with just bruising. She came out of it wanting another LJ, she said she just wouldnt feel right in a car and was literally miserable without her baby. Luckily, I did carry full coverage because the book value was still high enough to justify it and ended up getting within $500 of what i paid for it because of comps that are selling well above book value. I turned around and got a very very well maintained 06 with lots of upgrades that she is slowly building a bond with.

City/State
    Gray Court, SC
    LJ Year

She actually changed her mind at the last minute. I had a red '04 ready to pay, she picked a newer Cherokee.

Thread Information