City/State
    Longwood, Florida
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Power/drivetrain issue

The only way to describe the issue is there are times when it feels the drivetrain is fully engaged and all the power from the engine is getting to the wheels. Thereís a strength to the acceleration, and you can feel the torque of the engine when accelerating. At other times the engine is revving and the jeep is moving, but I canít feel the torque. It seems like the power is not making it to the wheels, as if something in the drive train is not quite fully engaged . Sometimes flexing the rear suspension like going over a bump will correct this, any ideas? This is a daily issue. Iím at a loss at this point.

City/State
    Longwood, Florida
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Re: Power/drivetrain issue

After reading dozens of posts on the net last night, there was a common thread in many, keep it simple and don’t over complicated it. Started with front and worked my way back and found the trans mount bolts to the transfer case had come un-snug. Snugged them back up and what a difference. Still not sure how it happened. I put a new mount on about a year ago and torqued then down properly with a torque wrench. Anyway...all seems well.

Thread Information