City/State
    Coastal, NC
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Belt tensioner Pulley Assembly & mount.

Hey everybody,

Haven't been on here much, hope you all are doing good.

Question for you. 2006 LJ manual. Does the belt tensioner assembly bolt into a removable bracket and if so what is that thing called so I can get another one if needed?

Issue: Belt was squeaking. Found the tensioner pulley assembly not holding. Got a new one and when I went to replace it the old housing was in pcs and the nubs on the back are broken off into whatever it mounts to. The actual mounting bolt came out OK ( surprise!) It got dark on me and I couldn't really see what was going to be involved in getting those things out. Had to work early this morning so I am at a standstill until I have time to look at it again, so I thought I would do some research and maybe save myself a little trouble later. Tried some forum, google, etc searches but no luck yet. It looks like that tensioner mounts to a removable bracket so I was hoping someone had some info on that.

As always, any info/comments/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks,

Tom

City/State
    Coastal, NC
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Re: Belt tensioner Pulley Assembly & mount.

So it does mount into a bracket. 4 bolts hold the bracket in. This is whait it looks like. You may be able to see where the nubs for the tensioner are broken off in there. Hopefully they will come out now. Otherwise new bracket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	392.1 KB 
ID:	37490  

City/State
    Coastal, NC
    LJ Year
    Year Purchased

Re: Belt tensioner Pulley Assembly & mount.

Fixed. Once I had it on the bench I was able to knock one of the broken nubs out with a punch because the alignment hole for it passed all the way through the bracket. Other side does not so it took a little more work but was able to get it out by drilling it until the remainder of the nub was thin/crumbly enough to pick out. Hopefully this helps someone else if they ever have this issue. If I ever find a part # and/or source for that bracket I will post it here as well.

Thread Information